WHAT WE DO
Leyline provides financing that bridges the gap between mid-stage development and construction. By investing in the pre-construction phase of renewable energy projects we accelerate the development process and help developers scale their business. Having developed, built and financed over 73 utility-scale renewable energy projects totaling more than 350MW we understand what it takes to make a project truly shovel-ready.
Leyline has a broad base of knowledge and experience in renewable energy project development, design, construction, and project finance. Our team has extensive experience in engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) and asset management. Our team has developed and built over 350MW of solar and biogas projects since 2006.
Erik Lensch - CEO
- Founder and CEO, Argand Energy Solutions, a solar development, finance and installation company, from 2006-2014; after successful sale of Argand to Entropy Investment Management/York Capital (large hedge fund) served as CEO of Entropy Solar from 2014-2016
- Renewable Energy Diploma Series at NC State Univ., Solar Energy International (SEI) training.
- BBA, Marketing, Radford University in 1992; Certified Investment Management (CIMA), Wharton Executive Education Program, Univ. of Pennsylvania.
- Vice President at Bank of America and a Vice President in the Private Client Group at CS First Boston.
Eric Rubinstein - CFO
VP Finance & Strategy, Silicon Ranch Corporation, a solar power developer, owner and operator from 2014 to 2018.
C Level financial executive responsible for building assets in excess of $1 Billion in assets under management.
Led closings of over $700 Million in complex and varied renewable energy financing structures.
BA, Classics and Archaeology, Haverford College, 2004
Daniel Copple - Engineering Analyst
- Worked at Clean Line Energy Partners, a developer of high voltage, long-haul transmission lines to connect wind and solar resources in North America, from 2010-2017.
- Managed transmission line engineering for a 700-mile project connecting Oklahoma wind to eastern load centers and oversaw technical inputs for a $1 billion engineering, procurement and construction contract.
- Responsible for grid interconnection, transmission line engineering and construction planning for the company's transmission line development projects.
- B.A. in Political Science and Energy Policy from Rice University; post-bachelor’s course of study in Electrical and Power Systems Engineering at the University of Idaho, currently enrolled as a graduate student in Engineering and Environmental Management at Duke University.
- Founder and CEO, Mabon Energy, a renewable energy services company, COO Entropy Solar Integrators 2014 – 2017, COO Argand Energy Solutions 2010-2014.
- US Naval Officer with over 25 years of experience managing multimillion-dollar operations/projects in a variety of national security areas.
- B.S., Civil Engineering – Cornell University, 1987; Construction Management Certification – Southern Polytechnic University, 2002; Masters Certification in Applied Project Management – Villanova University, 2004.
- NC/SC General Contractor with over $700 MM of renewable energy projects
- Co-founder of Cooperative Solar, LLC, a solar developer focused on utility scale projects.
- Served as General Counsel to Strata Solar, LLC, one of the largest solar developers in North Carolina and one of the largest Independent Power Producers in the US.
- Actively involved as a strategic advisor and investor in a variety of solar-related companies engaged in project development, operations and maintenance, drones and sheep.
- Undergraduate and law degree from the University of North Carolina, where he was a Morehead-Cain Scholar.
William "Gus" Simmons, Jr., PE - Engineering and Technical Advisor
- Director of Bioenergy, Cavanaugh & Assoc., a water efficiency and waste-to-energy consulting firm, 2001 - present.
- Biological & Agricultural Engineering Degree, North Carolina State University.
- An expert in the utilization of organic wastes as feedstock for the development of biofuels, anaerobic digesters.
- Worked in agri-industry, holding positions responsible for the design, permitting, and environmental compliance of a number of agricultural and food processing facilities in North America and Europe.
- Led Technical Seminars and Conferences to University-sponsored training programs; Technical Advisor to Universities, State and Federal agencies in beneficial reuse of water, nutrients, and carbon associated with organic waste streams.
John Gallagher, PE – Site Remediation and Technical Advisor to Leyline
- 30 year career focused on brownfield redevelopment, real estate, and environmental management services.
- Founder, Aptus Management, a specialist in real estate and environmental management services which has supported $2 billion in real estate investments over the last nine years.
- Managing Director, Cherokee Investment Partners & President of Cherokee’s public finance affiliate; managed $100 million of cleanup work at brownfield sites, projects that created real estate and business development value in excess of $10 billion.
- Environmental Engineering Degree, UMass and certified as a US EPA-Certified Master CERCLA (Superfund) Remedial Project Manager.