WHAT WE DO
Leyline provides financing that bridges the gap between mid-stage development and construction. By investing in the pre-construction phase of renewable energy projects we accelerate the development process and help developers scale their business. Having developed, built and financed over 73 utility-scale renewable energy projects totaling more than 350MW we understand what it takes to make a project truly shovel-ready.
Leyline has a broad base of knowledge and experience in renewable energy project development, design, construction, and project finance. Our team has extensive experience in engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) and asset management. Our team has developed and built over 350MW of solar and biogas projects since 2006.
Erik Lensch - Managing Partner
- CEO of Entropy Solar Integrators 2014-2016; Founder and CEO, Argand Energy Solutions from 2006-2014.
- Renewable Energy Diploma Series at NC State Univ., Solar Energy International (SEI) training.
- BBA, Marketing, Radford University in 1992; Certified Investment Management (CIMA), Wharton Executive Education Program, Univ. of Pennsylvania.
- Vice President at Bank of America and a Vice President in the Private Client Group at CS First Boston.
Daniel Copple - Engineering Analyst
- Worked at Clean Line Energy Partners, a developer of high voltage, long-haul transmission lines to connect wind and solar resources in North America, from 2010-2017.
- Managed transmission line engineering for a 700-mile project connecting Oklahoma wind to eastern load centers and oversaw technical inputs for a $1 billion engineering, procurement and construction contract.
- Responsible for grid interconnection, transmission line engineering and construction planning for the company's transmission line development projects.
- B.A. in Political Science and Energy Policy from Rice University; post-bachelor’s course of study in Electrical and Power Systems Engineering at the University of Idaho, currently enrolled as a graduate student in Engineering and Environmental Management at Duke University.
William "Gus" Simmons, Jr., PE - Engineering and Technical Advisor
- Director of Bioenergy, Cavanaugh & Assoc., a water efficiency and waste-to-energy consulting firm, 2001 - present.
- Biological & Agricultural Engineering Degree, North Carolina State University.
- An expert in the utilization of organic wastes as feedstock for the development of biofuels, anaerobic digesters.
- Worked in agri-industry, holding positions responsible for the design, permitting, and environmental compliance of a number of agricultural and food processing facilities in North America and Europe.
- Led Technical Seminars and Conferences to University-sponsored training programs; Technical Advisor to Universities, State and Federal agencies in beneficial reuse of water, nutrients, and carbon associated with organic waste streams.